Sunday, December 9, 2012

Lady in Red

Okay, okay... I know in a previous post I mentioned that I can't sport red bold lips. Well turns out, I was wrong!
I have found the most GORGEOUS red from NARS. It can work for most skin tones since it's such a rich red and can be layered.
Turns out, it's the same red lipstick Ann Hathaway wore in her role as Catwoman. Never saw it, but Anne Hathaway is amazing so I thought I'd try it out!


Lipstick: NARS Trans Siberian $24
It's a semi matte finish. You can go mod or vintage glam with this color.
REMEMBER: If you do a red lip, skip the blush and opt for a matte bronzer instead. Also, keep the eyes simple. Think of it as not wearing a chunky necklace with chandelier earrings. Big no, no.

Lip Pencil: NARS Jungle Red $22
Two words: It's amazing. I always try to go a little lighter on the liner, it creates a more plump lip.
When doing a bold lipstick, I always recommend a liner, especially if it can stain the skin around your mouth. No one wants a Sangria mouth!


Go to a NARS beauty counter or Sephora and try it out -
I've learned the fun you can have with a trendy bold lip!

Enjoy!

xoxo- Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment