Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Lashes To Die For

Here is my eyelash extension story: I woke up one Saturday morning super excited to have luscious lashes like Kim K. Well, it was probably the worst 2 hours of my life. Not only did I NOT know it took 2 hours, but during the time your eyes are taped up like you're undergoing LASIK surgery-- they're painting burning glue on each lash one by one.
I will never condone eyelash extensions. Ever.
P.S- I'm pretty sure my natural lashes are damaged. And I've only gone once!

Sorry for the rant!

Here are a few much easier and painless tips to get gorgeous lashes.

Step 1. Get a good eyelash curler like this one:

The reason I say get a good one, is because if you get one not so great it can actually cut your lashes or even rip them out. Gross. Make sure the top curler is pressing on the rubber piece on the bottom before each use.
Shiseido Eyelash Curler ($19, can be found at select Sephora stores or online.)

Step 2. My favorite mascara of ALL TIME :

This mascara is the bomb.com! Yep, I said it. The comb is awesome, it catches every eyelash and you literally don't need to put anymore than 1-2 swipes. Talk about fast! The texture is creamy and won't flake off. Online it says to pair with their Maximizer Mascara, but honestly try it alone first.
Dior New Look Mascara ($28.50 and can be found at specialty department stores and Sephora.)

Here is another mascara that I really like and it's pretty similar:

See, I'm not just a label whore buyer. One of my girlfriends uses this, and it makes her eyelashes look amazing! I've used this several times and it reminds me a lot of the Dior (minus $18).
L'Oreal Telescopic ($10 and can be found at Walgrees and CVS Stores.)

Step 3. Even though some nights are a blackout, be sure to take off all your makeup! This includes your eyes. I don't go expensive on this, because A.) It's all the same and B.) it would cost a fortune to keep this in stock. I usually go with this because it's easy and travel friendly. You will be amazed to see that just by being diligent about removing your eye makeup - how much longer your eyelashes will look!
This is from Neutrogena and maybe costs about $10 and can be found at CVS, Walgreens and Target.
 
Love your Lashes!
 
xoxo- Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment